It would be useful to have the ability to load an image as a background, specifically in Perspective Filter. I really like this filter and use it a lot so is there a way to adjust the shadow to fit the perspective of say a floor or a wall?
Here's an idea that may help you with this problem. I presume you are running the Shadow filter on a layer with opacity, like a text layer. I also presume you have a background image of a floor or wall handy. Here is what you do:
- Load the background floor/wall image into Photoshop.
- Create your text layer above the background image. Duplicate this layer so you can come back to it later.
- Merge the text layer and the background image into one layer.
- Load the text layer (you saved a copy of it in step 2) as a selection using the menu: Select > Load Selection.
- Run the Shadow filter on the merged layer you created in step 3. You will now be able to see the text and the floor/wall all in the preview. Adjust the shadow to your liking and then apply it.